Clayton is connected to your projects using a specific user called connection user.
It's possible to set up a different connection user for your project from the settings page:
- Go to your Clayton homepage
- Click on your project
- Click on the project name on the top bar
- Click on Project Settings
Create a Clayton dedicate connection user
If you want to create a dedicated user to be used as a connection user for your project you can proceed on following the next steps:
- Create a new user with a new email address (i.e. email@example.com)
- Add the new user to the Team in your Git provider (or as an External contributor with Read/Write access to your repos)
- Log-in in your VCS with your new user
- Log-in in Clayton selecting the proper provider (required to retrieve a valid access token)
- Join your project in Clayton
- Log-in in Clayton with your Admin user and change the connection user selecting the new user
- You must log-in in Clayton with the new user using the proper Git provider to generate the required access token
- The connection user must have read/write access to your repos
Do you want to create a quality gate for your projects with Clayton?
Have a look at our dedicated Help Section to learn how to make sure that newly committed code doesn't introduce problems.
If you need any further support please drop us an email, we will be happy to help!